TS30001128 vs. TS00007869, Early Archiving Standard Tasks

Greg Soltys gregsoltys at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 15 15:47:37 EDT 2002

BlankHello everyone.  If anyone if familiar with the above single step tasks
I would appreciate any input and thoughts:

Basically, I need to understand what the difference between the two tasks
are with regards to functionality.  We are on a 4.5B system, and both tasks
are available for early archiving scenarios.

TS30001128: ImageAssingE "Enter document for document type"
- executes the method IMAGE.IMAGEASSIGNEARLY
- utilizes the standard role 126: "SAP ArchiveLink early arch. responsible",
which calls the f.m. ARCHIV_EARLYINPUT_RESPONSIBLE

TS00007869: ImageAssign "Confirm document type / enter document"
- executes the method IMAGE.IMAGEASSIGN
- utlizes the standard role 30000019: "SAP ArchiveLink early arch.
responsible", which also calls the f.m. ARCHIV_EARLYINPUT_RESPONSIBLE, just
with slightly different format of document type/org object container
definition

Thoughts:
TS30001128 appears to be a newer version, but does it replace in it's
entirety 7869?
Delivered SAP in 4.5B is still configured to initiate 7869 in the "Workflow
Document Types" in tx'n SOA0 (in our case, for document type FIIINVOICE.
The parameters and code between the methods .IMAGEASSIGNEARLY and
.IMAGEASSIGN differ greatly (obviously).

So, anyone with any thoughts/guidance?  We are indeed going forward with
early archiving and a Panagon solution, thus will be utilizing tx'n OAWD to
trigger the assignment via an IDM Desktop for R/3 viewer.

Thanks in advance to all,
Greg