Sales Order Plant Determination

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Oct 10 23:32:11 EDT 2002

Hi Les,
Not sure why you are looking at ExistenceCheck?
You don't say if you have included Plant as a database attribute
or as an object reference to BUS0008?
Or how you are doing the check? Using the condition editor
in a start condition or a workflow step?  Or using a separate
method to check it in code?

Logically you should just be able to test
SalesOrder.Items.Plant.Plant = EPN
However the difficulty is in assessing all items
for any occurrence of the plant.  The condition editor
won't yet let you assess attributes of multiline object references
so it's either quite a few workflow steps or put your
test into some code.

E.g. you might make an attribute "EPNRelevant" on your
sales order level, and put the code to loop through all the
items and test the value of the plant attribute there.  It's still worthwhile
keeping your plant attribute on VBAP though because
you can use that in the code and its bound to come in useful
when troubleshooting.

You will need some code though - time to call in the programmers.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book