Deleting stale Office messages

Kenneth Hill SAP_DEV_WB at Yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 10:19:06 EDT 2002

Friends,

I have been experiencing degradation in response times when opening our SAP
Office messages (SO01 in 4.0b) . This is even though I have very few (3-5)
items
in my Office and Workflow folders.

I run the Workitem archive and deletion (SARA) regularly and have not seen a
substantial growth in SWWIHEAD and related tables. I suspect that the slowing
response time may be due to the growth of Office mail and not workitems. There
are many users who save reports and batch jobs spools in their Inbox and don't
clean these up. I know one user who has several thousand of these. There may be
other users whose logins have been deleted, but their Inbox may not have been
purged.

Is there a deletion report, similar to RSWWWIDE,  available to delete Office
messages? Also can you tell me the name of the tables where the Office messages
are stored, so that I can monitor the rowcounts.

Thank you for your assistance.

Kenneth Hill
and
Robin Sahasranam