agents of org unit hirarchy

Zmudzin,Tomasz,VEVEY,GL-DS/DM Tomasz.Zmudzin at nestle.com
Tue Oct 1 10:58:06 EDT 2002

This is normal and intentional. Imagine if you had an organizational unit
(e.g. Production) with 10 subunits corresponding to different plants. When
you assign "Production", only those users directly belonging to it are
picked. Imagine what would happen if that was not the case...

In answer to your question I'd rather recommend rethinking if the users
assigned to the subordinate units should really really always be picked as
agents -- even in your particular case. If you still need them to be picked,
write a role that recursively checks the subordinate units and collects
their users. But, man, be really really careful with this.

The basic rule is rather: have as few agents as possible -- but no fewer!
Kind regards,
Tomasz