Generel Design Question designing BOR-Objects

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Thu Nov 28 12:40:20 EST 2002

Hi Heinz,
Since you're wondering, I've been involved in similar setups and would
suggest that any objects are included as attributes of your 'master'
object.
The design I'm talking about involved multiline attributes with objects,
some of which in turn contained sub-objects again, effectively forming a
whole tree structure.
Since objects are mostly just pointers to the actual data, there is not
a huge overhead involved in terms of amount of data. These references
are stored in sww_contob. In effect you end up with a 20-object workflow
costing you as much as a couple of 'normal' workflows (note: only
top-level objects are actually in the container).
There's some overhead for each WF already for the _workitem and
_evt_object entries - thus 20 container elements are equivalent to
20/3 = 6 workflows with 1 container object element. So now you can
consider if your WF runs only a few times per day versus others which
can number in their thousands, this becomes almost negligible.

HTH
Cheers
Mike