Workflow interface for wireless scanning of Barcode

Zmudzin,Tomasz,VEVEY,GL-DS/DM Tomasz.Zmudzin at nestle.com
Thu Nov 28 02:16:05 EST 2002

Why workflow interface? that's not what WF is designed to be -- it will
rather help you in handling errors that could occur in the process.

If you use IDocs already:

1. why not change the frequency of the IDoc transfer to enable
near-real-time operations (e.g. every 10 minutes)
2. if the software for the scanners allows this -- use tRFC transfer method
instead of file transfer, with immediate IDoc posting.

Any of these will be much safer in terms of error-handling, interface
transparency, monitoring etc. And it's quick.

Kind regards,
Tomasz