Generel Design Question designing BOR-Objects

Schmidinger, Heinz (Unaxis IT BZ) heinz.schmidinger at unaxis.com
Wed Nov 27 02:30:31 EST 2002

implemented in our Bussiness Processes.

        Such a Transaction for Example is a Engeneering Lifecycle Workbench
which is a logical container filled in dialog with all objects needed by an
Engineer to do his daily work up to the logistical Actions.
        This 'container' is filled with at about 20 different logical
Objects (like BUS2002, BUS2054, DRAW, BUS1001, USR01, BUS2048, BUS2002, and,
and, and) in a predefined structure. In Dialog the build-up time for the
filled View may be up t o 30 seconds  and more.
        The actual bussiness needs for such a object are very poor but my
expirence says that after the first WF-based implementaions a move briskly
ahead will taken place.

        Basicly I see 2 ways for design :

        The First could be to design the Object only as the wrapper without
nearly none Properties or
        to design the Object with Properties containing all objects
mentioned above in the same structure like the dialog transaction.

        Personally I have a preference whioch way I should go but  I'm not
sure if it's the best way.

        So I'm very interested in our opinion and experience to this
questions.

        Thamks for the discussion ahead and Greetings

        Heinz