embedding scanned image in word doc

Mohan Motiani mohanmotiani at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 06:12:09 EST 2002

Hi,
I presume the scanned image  is available as a picture
file.

You can do this in two ways,

1. Using Desktop Office Integration(DOI) tools, you
can either create a new work document (if the image is
to be inserted in a new doc) or open the existing word
file in which this image is to be inserted. Call Word
method InsertFile within the ABAP (using OLE) and then
save the file.

2. Without using DOI, you can use OLE2 interfacing,
whereby you can start word application within ABAP and
call relevant methods of word for inserting the
picture.

Cheers,

Mohan