Waiting events // Workitems in status IN PROCESS

Felipe Uribe - SAP jfelipe_uribed at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 21 12:20:08 EST 2002

Thank you Michael.

Regards

Felipe Uribe

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Pokraka" <workflow at quirky.me.uk>
To: <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: Waiting events // Workitems in status IN PROCESS

> Hi,
> Just to add to that, it may be useful to check SM13 and SM58 for the
> situations Phil is talking about.
> Cheers
> Mike
>

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 03:00:36PM +0100, Soady, Phil wrote:
> > Hi Felipe,
> > I don't know the tool you are running,
> > but perhaps it is running so many locks at once, that the enque server
table
> > fills up. Subsequent attempts to enque fail. Depending on the task, it
may have an exception
> > as type temporary error when enqueue fails.
> > This explains why a subsequent run works.
> >
> > Either just keep running rswwerre regularly, or work out how to
streamline,
> > the enqueues. Or just increase the size of the ENQUEUE table.
> > Ask SYS Admin to check the last way. (See RZ10 option enque/table_size).
> > Verify that it was in fact an enque problem before changing this !
> >
> > 10 hrs still restart issue ?? Hmmm, nothing comes to mind to explain
that.

> > good luck...
> >

> > Phil Soady
> > Senior Consultant
> > Business Technologies
> > SAP Australia
> > * : 0412 213 079
> > * : phil.soady at sap.com

two bad situations as you can see:
> >       1. We are having problems with workflow of disconnetion, when we
executed for 6123 items, only 1500 of these items display the status READY
and the rest of them is still in status IN PROCESS and nothing happe. They
are in a loop. If we check each steps of workflow execution they are at the
> > first step.
> >
> >        We were looking at OSS and found note 157155, the recommendation
is to execute program RSWWERRE which releases all the items. After we run
the program the results obtained were succesful, but we still need your help
in order to determine the cause of this problem.

> >        Can you explain us what to do in order to avoid the execution of
this program separately from the dunning run?? I don't know why this
workitem remain in this status and it's not executed...

> >       2. The other problem is about the waiting event, I have severals
workflows which contain some of those steps. The problem is when those
workflows are in this waiting event and the respective event occurs in SAP,
the system doesn't start the workflow immediately, It take more than 10
hours to