Excluded Agent is the only Selected Agent

Jim Sauceman sauceman at tennessee.edu
Fri Nov 15 11:08:04 EST 2002

I have a problem with my use of the Excluded Agent feature. Our
accounting transactions (Parked Documents - FIPP Object) are routed for
release/approval first to the appropriate Department Head (via a
Workflow Standard Role) and then to the appropriate Dean (again via a
Workflow Standard Role). If the Dean is the Acting Department Head and
has already approved the transaction, I do not want him/her to have to
approve it again. Therefore, I thought by declaring all previous
approvers as Excluded Agents, the work item would not be created or
would be created and go away. However, when the only Selected Agent is
an Excluded Agent, the work item seems to hang; it never goes to any
agent nor does the workflow continue. I would prefer it to be marked
"Complete" and the workflow continue to the next step or be skipped
altogether. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,

Jim Sauceman ......................  <mailto:sauceman at tennessee.edu>
sauceman at tennessee.edu
University of Tennessee ........... Voice: (865) 974-2448
OIT Computer System Services ...... Fax: (865) 974-4810
Manager of Campus Database Administration
Project IRIS Workflow Team Leader