Business Object data declarations

Susan Keohan skeohan at mit.edu
Thu Nov 14 09:12:00 EST 2002

Hi folks,

I have a question which may not have a real 'correct' answer, but here
goes.

I have a business object where I define working variables at the top of
the object (right after the end_data object statement).  I can use these
variables in any attribute or method in that object.  But I notice in
some SAP business objects, that data declarations of fields used in
methods are made locally to the method.

Do you know if there is an advantage to having all your data
declarations in one place, and re-using them throughout the business
object as needed, (for example filling them with the contents of a
method parameter) or if it is better to have the variables defined
'locally' to the attribute or method that needs them ?

Thanks in advance,
Sue