Deactivating Workflows in QA/PRD loses triggering events

Pokraka, Michael michael.pokraka at kcc.com
Wed Nov 13 09:09:07 EST 2002

Hi Jocelyn,
Thanks for your input. I kindof had it in mind that I could do this in
earlier versions (4.6c here).

Perhaps a point of discussion: I would disagree with SAP's reasoning behind
this: deactivating a linkage could be considered just as serious - if e.g. a
flow if deactivated by mistake (just one click) and a few hundred
transactions go through in the meantime that _require_ the WF to happen, it
could be a minor nightmare to gather and restart all the necessary flows.

On the other hand, suppose a workflow goes horribly wrong during a mass
input (e.g. IDOCs) and has to be deactivated (e.g. I've seen an endless loop
due to a WF causing the same event that started it). The cause might be
something basic relating to the data. Now in this case it's perfectly
reasonable to deactivate and reactivate the linkage and rerun the job.

I would think that the activation/deactivation should be available in prod,
though under similar security as SWIA (execute WI without agent check).

Cheers
Michael