Object Type Mathod/ BAPI generate IDoc

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Thu May 23 09:25:38 EDT 2002

Ahh... you didn't say anything about what your version you were on, and=
forgot to make any reservations
Our systems were upgraded to 46C last summer. Anyway, below you will fi=
nd
what it says (hope it is still readable after passing through the lists=
erv)

BDBG is a transaction in our systems (Generate ALE Interface for BAPI) =
-
try it in yours and see if it works.

You can access the SAP 4.6 help online and go to
helpdata/EN/4c/4c0eb7725311d396a80004ac96334b/frameset.htm (partial URL=
,
you may have to strip off something at the front as this is a URL at ou=
local help server - just without the server name).

Good luck.

                                                                       =
    =20
 BAPI/ALE Integration - Generating IDocs                               =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
 BAPIs are integrated into the ALE distribution model. ALE distribution=
 is =20
 asynchronous and based on messages. ALE distribution is the preferred =
    =20
 means of integration for distributed R/3 Systems, for instance, for   =
    =20
 distributing master data.                                             =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
 As of Release 4.0, BAPIs are the standardized interfaces for ALE-suppo=
rted=20
 distribution. ALE services, such as asynchronous calls, use of the    =
    =20
 distribution model, monitoring and error processing, can all be used f=
or  =20
 BAPIs. The IDocs required for ALE services can be generated from the  =
    =20
 BAPIs.                                                                =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
  |------|                                                             =
    =20
  | [ ]  |                                                             =
    =20
  |------|                                                             =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
          Message types are created and IDocs are generated for all wri=
te  =20
          BAPIs.                                                       =
    =20
          Generate ALE Interface for BAPI (BDBG)                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
  |------|                                                             =
    =20
  | [ ]  |                                                             =
    =20
  |------|                                                             =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
            All IDocs are released.                                    =
    =20
            Releasing IDocs is currently linked to authorizations.     =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
  |------|                                                             =
    =20
  | [ ]  |                                                             =
    =20
  |------|                                                             =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
       The BAPI interface and the IDoc interface are identical.        =
    =20
       Ensure that, when you have changed a BAPI, the message type, the=
    =20
       IDoc type and the segments are regenerated.                     =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
  You can find further information in the document titled 'Using       =
    =20
  ALE-Services'.                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20
                                                                       =
    =20

--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                                                                       =
                                                               =20
                    Flavio Oliveira                                    =
                                                               =20
                    <oliveiraflavio at hotm        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.=
MIT.EDU                                                        =20
                    ail.com>                    cc:                    =
                                                               =20
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Re: Object=
 Type Mathod/ BAPI generate IDoc                               =20
                    Workflow                                           =
                                                               =20
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM                               =
                                                               =20
                    A.MIT.EDU>                                         =
                                                               =20
                                                                       =
                                                               =20
                                                                       =
                                                               =20
                    23.05.2002 14:42                                   =
                                                               =20
                    Please respond to                                  =
                                                               =20
                    "SAP Workflow Users'                               =
                                                               =20
                    Group"                                             =
                                                               =20
                                                                       =
                                                               =20
                                                                       =
                                                               =20

Kjetil:

In which release you are? I am on 4.0B and could not find this "Project=
"
tab.

Thanks,
Flavio.

>From: Kjetil Kilhavn <KJETILK at statoil.com>
>To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
>Subject: Re: Object Type Mathod/ BAPI generate IDoc
>Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 07:19:35 +0200
>
>Hope this helps:
>Go to transaction BAPI
>Select an object (e.g. Financial Accounting --> Accounts Payable -->
>Vendor)
>Go to the +Project; tab
>In the lower half you will find information about generating IDocs
>--
>Kjetil Kilhavn
>

>                     Ricky Lee
>                     <ricky.lee at proteussolutio        To:
>SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
>                     ns.com.au>                       cc:
>                     Sent by: SAP Workflow            Subject:     Re:=

>Object Type Mathod/ BAPI generate IDoc
>                     <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT
>                     .EDU>
>

>                     23.05.2002 01:19
>                     Please respond to "SAP
>                     Workflow Users' Group"
>

>Hi Stephan,
>
>Thanks for your quick reply. I think i asked uncleared question.
>Forgive me and let me rephase my question.
>I try to use IDOC to push the data out (to some third party product) w=
hen
>the users make some changes inside SAP.
>That way I can synchronous the data between SAP and third party.
>
>and I found something from the SAP Business Connector Section.
>Here is a quote from the PDF docco called "SAP Interface Repository Ad=
d-On
>for SAP Business Connector" from SAP
>
>XML Format for IDocs
>To create an asynchronous communication, IDocs are exchanged between t=
wo
>(SAP-) systems.
>There are two ways to define concrete IDocs to communicate asynchronou=
sly:
>*=3D Create IDocs manually.
>*=3D As of Release 4.0 an IDoc can be generated from an existing BAPI.=

>Because they said IDoc can be generated from an existing BAPI. I wonde=
>does anyone know any BAPI is doing it. I want to look at some example =
how
>it can be done.
>
>Any help appreciated!!!
>

>Ricky

the
>information or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not t=
he
>addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete
>this message.
>Thank you.

intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of=