Object Type/ BAPI generate IDoc

Becker Stephan (extern) Stephan.Becker.ext at mchw.siemens.de
Wed May 22 04:59:06 EDT 2002

Ricky,

BAPIs are function modules that perform certain functions without user
interaction, specifically without screen processing. BAPI function modules
can be called from object type methods. However, a lot of object type
methods are not implemented using BAPIs.

With IDOCs, it is similar. Object type methods are sometimes (often in the
IDOC.. object types) written to perform functions on IDOCs (create, change,
etc.), but not all object methods are written to perform functions on IDOCs.

You can write methods yourself that act as BAPIs or perform functions on
IDOCs, but it requires some often complex programming to achieve that.

Hth,
Stephan