Picking up the changes outside the current workflow's key fields data

Ulrich Mende wug at mende-edv-beratung.de
Thu Mar 28 02:07:47 EST 2002

Hi Rick -
yes, in SAP it is a standard scenario, that a workflow must react on
changes that are made from outside.
First you have to ensure that your application A will generate the
event(s) you can wait for in the workflow. Set your event trace to ON
and check weather events are created or not.
Then you have to insert a fork 1(2) (2 parallel branches, 1 of which
must be completed before the workflow continues)  in your workflow. In
the first branch sits transaction B, in the second branch insert the
wait step. This step needs an object instance. Take the same instance,
that will be used by transaction B in branch 1. You can set it up via F4
from the workflow container. Set up the event you are waiting for
(CHANGED, COMLPETED...). Set the count of events to wait for to 1.

Best regards Uli

Ricky Lee <ricky.lee at proteussolutions.com.au> schrieb am 28.03.2002,
01:29:09: