Transporting Workflows - missing container elements

Nicholas Brand nicholas.n.brand at uk.pwcglobal.com
Wed Mar 27 13:17:36 EST 2002

Memo from Nicholas N Brand of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

Thank you for sharing your experience.
On the client dependant/independant issue as we only have one client in our
PROD system I couldn't take this approach.

I've solved the problem and I wanted to give something back to the group on
what I found.

After activating the workflow on the source system I went into transaction
SWUD and ran a consistency check on the workflow and sub-workflow. This
seems to ensure that all areas of the workflow are activated and saved to
the new transport.
I then released the transport and moved it to PROD (via QA). I went into
PFTC on the PROD client and the missing container elements were there.

Although it is solved, I'm still unsure about the reliability of
transporting workflows. I've had problems before and I know other
workflowers with similar war-stories.

The story continues...

Kind regards,
Nicholas

Patrick D. Green/GBPO/Price Waterhouse at Americas-US@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on
26/03/2002 18:15:38

Please respond to SAP Workflow Users' Group <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Sent by:    SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>