Is this Possible?

Zmudzin,Tomasz,VEVEY,GL-DS/DM Tomasz.Zmudzin at nestle.com
Tue Mar 26 02:31:23 EST 2002

There are two answers, depending on what you want to achieve:

1. Storing some information for later reference in office folders.

This is possible, even if there's no "standard" SAP scenario to do this.
Just make the creation of the Office document as of a background task (not
dialog).

This case is interesting from the process usability point of view. Normally
you use workflow for a "push"-type information delivery -- something has
happened, so interested parties are notified about it automatically; they
don't need to care about where the information can be found. In your case
the users would still need to check for the information in a given place
they know (an Office folder). Although this is perfectly possible, it raises
some doubts whether the functionality they request should not be provided by
the respective application (or application extension you could provide for
them). Please remember, as you'll have more and more items accumulating in
the folder, users may ask you for additional reporting tools, better
deletion / archiving etc."

2. Having a "simplified" agent determination with items accessible by
everyone.

Just make the task "General" and specify no agents for the task (e.g. agent
determination based on expression, pass an empty container element). The
task will go into everyone's Inbox.

But I believe this is not really what your users would like you to do.
Perhaps they don't realize this yet, but they will if you'll prototype it
for them.

Rgds,
Tomasz