Event creation for change documents (SAP version 4.6C)

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Fri Mar 22 04:12:40 EST 2002

A showstopper have been bothering me since early yesterday now, and I think it
is time to ask the experts. I am not particularly familiar with change
documents, so hopefully someone here knows more than what I could find out from
the documentation I found in SAP.

Sales and distribution people in our company wants to be able to control whether
a credit memo needs to be released or not. They control this by first creating a
credit memo request and then, using transaction fbl5n, modifying a line item (in
the BSEG document) for that customer where they set a specific value in "Payment
block key" (BSEG-ZLSPR)

The change document type BELEG includes table BSEG, so I have set up a condition
for event creation such that event BSEG-CHANGED occurs whenever the special
payment block key is selected. There is further a connection from this event to
standard workflow scenarion WS00400012. I will need to add a check function to
ensure the workflow only starts when the payment block key has been set to this
value, but I can not see how the check function can influence this problem.

The workflow expects a BSEG document in the event container. So I bound
&EVT_OBJECT& to the parameter and hoped all was well since the description was
"Acctng Doc. Line Item". Unfortunately life was as usual not that simple, and I
found out the problem is that the &EVT_OBJECT& contains only the BKPF key, it
doesn't have the line item number. Since I can see the line item number in fbl5n
I suppose that this has something to do with the change document. However,
looking at its definition I see no place where I can do much customization (and
since BELEG is a standard object I don't want to touch its basics even in the
sandbox system).

My hopes were highest when I looked at the details for the events for change
documents screen, but even the Event Container FM seems to require that I modify
(or extend and delegate) the BSEG object type, and I am not entirely sure I
could solve the problem that way either.

Does anyone have any solution ideas, or know where I could look for more
information about change documents?
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended
for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of the information
or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the addressee, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message.
Thank you.