Suggested Reading

Cristiana d'Agosto cristiana.dagosto at au.pwcglobal.com
Wed Mar 20 17:43:18 EST 2002

Please forward a copy to me as well.

Thanks and regards

Cristiana

cristiana.dagosto at au.pwcglobal.com

"Jensen, Ralph" <ralph.jensen at sap.com>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on 21/03/2002
06:31:05 AM

Please respond to SAP Workflow Users' Group <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Sent by:    SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

To:    SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
cc:
Subject:    Suggested Reading

Fellow Workflow Gurus,

I came across a great resource on Workflow Modeling that I want to share
with the group.  The book is titled, "Workflow Modeling, Tools for Process
Improvement and Application Development" by Alec Sharp and Patric
McDermont.
Artech House Publishing at www.artechhouse.com .

The authors hit on the approach, framing the process, conducting initial
assessments, considering the environment, swim line diagrams, techniques
for
modeling the as-is process, characterizing the to-be process and use case
scenario analysis.

This text has helped me to become a more effective Workflow consultant as I
am more prepared to walk into a process meeting and tear apart the
processes
and get business owners to realize the difference between "workflow" and
business process.  Once we nail down the "to-be" processes, the final
workflow definition and modeling was more effective and also turned the
weight of the process definitions back on the business owners.

Regards,

Ralph Jensen
Technical Consultant/CRM
Professional Services Organization