AW: Created Task/Method is not working

Ulrich Mende wug at mende-edv-beratung.de
Wed Mar 20 04:13:32 EST 2002

Hi Simone / Weidong,
I fully agree with Simone, that one should be carefully about correct
names of container variables in the SWC-macros. But: they are not case
sensitive. Somewhere deep down in the FMs of swc_get_element there is a
statement "translate element to upper case".

But I just wanted to add one comment to your problem, Weidong:
It seams to me, that you need a string as a funtion of the material type
of a material.
Why not use a virtual property instead a method?
Your objecttype BUS1001006 has a database property "MaterialType" which
is inherited by your subtype and can be used for that.
The code of the virtual property could look something like this:

GET_PROPERTY ADDRESS CHANGING CONTAINER.
  data: mattype like mara-mtart.
  SWC_GET_PROPERTY SELF 'MaterialType' mattype.
  if mattype = 'ZERP'.
    OBJECT-ADDRESS = 'SHIPMAT'.
  elseif mattype = 'ZERB'.
    OBJECT-ADDRESS = 'PRODCAT'.
  endif.
  SWC_SET_ELEMENT CONTAINER 'address' OBJECT-ADDRESS.
END_PROPERTY.

Doing so you would not need a task at all, you could get the
adress-string in a simple container assignment like
address-variable = materialref.address
or use it directly

somewhere in the binding of your send mail task.

Best regards Uli

"Wahl, Simone" <Simone.Wahl at Suedpack.com> schrieb am 20.03.2002,
09:05:38: