Call Object Method from an ABAP (31I)

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Mar 13 23:27:35 EST 2002

Brian,
In your program,

INCLUDE <CNTN01>.

Declare the object reference
DATA: objref TYPE SWC_OBJECT.

Then to instantiate the object use macro
SWC_CREATE_OBJECT objref 'ObjectType' objkey.
where ObjectType= your object type and objectkey is your object key

Then get attribute using macro
SWC_GET_PROPERTY objref 'AttributeName' attributevar.
where AttributeName is the technical name of your attribute, and
attributevar is the variable
to hold the retrieved attribute value.

Suggest you look at the workflow macro documentation in the SAP Library
help.
Regards,

Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (EBP, BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email  <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com> jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tel: +61 412 390 267