Allowing work items to be started in MS Outlook

Adrian Clarke Adrian_Clarke at DDSINCORP.com
Wed Mar 13 20:06:57 EST 2002

What is involved in allowing work items (transactions) to be started from MS
Outlook?

>From what I have read, it seems that that an attachment needs to be created
with the object that is being changed using object type SOFM and then sent
using method SendTaskDescription (or a variation of this).

Do new subtypes and methods need to be created for both the SOFM and
SELFITEM object types or can this be accomplished without any additional
methods than what is provided (I am on 4.0B).

Finally, how does this work if multiple users need to receive the same work
item.  Will the work item disappear from the other users inbox when someone
processes this work item from Outlook?

Thanks in advance.

Adrian