AW: check function module in 40B

Becker Stephan (extern) Stephan.Becker.ext at mchw.siemens.de
Wed Mar 13 04:23:50 EST 2002

It is correct that you cannot read the document type because the object =
is
not on the database yet. The check function module runs in the context =
of
the caller (i.e. usually the update task that is booking your =
document), and
a wait statement will do nothing but hold up the update on the =
database.
It's like you're queueing to meet someone who's standing behind you in =
the
queue..
If you can, pass the document type into the event container from the =
calling
program and read it making sure you convert the container to and from
persistent (use the appropriate macro commands). Or you can try using =
the
object attribute, that should (not 100% sure here) read it from memory
rather than the db.

Hth,
Stephan

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----