User decisions in ESS - Advance with Dialog or Force WEBGUI

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Jun 27 22:41:32 EDT 2002

Hi Mark,
I have been down this path before where you want to be able to see
details but also just get them to answer a question.

Funnily enough that's pretty much what SAPForms for HTML does
- i.e. allows you to display limited data (note you are not getting
the original transaction, so you need to think about how much
and what data they need to see) plus capture a response.
That's essentially wat ESS is doing a lot of the time so you
should have plenty of examples to choose from.

This is a development job that requires some programming of course
- so you want to keep it simple if you can. If you are not able
to do this yourself then you can always ask SAP for a consultant
to help but I'm confident you can figure it out on your own. There is
a reasonable section in the SAP Library help that explains how it
works and the rest is just looking at how it is done in ESS.

Regards,
Jocelyn Dart
SAP Australia (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
Ph: +61 412 390 267