AW: Mass start of workflows in idoc inbound processing

Becker Stephan (extern) Stephan.Becker.ext at mchw.siemens.de
Tue Jun 25 12:19:03 EDT 2002

Hi Uli,

I have had several project face similar problems; the only recourse we =
have
had in deadlock and other situations that are one way or the other =
caused by
excessive load, was to either inflate the application server enough to =
cope
with peak load, or to route all workflows (via the RFC destination) to =
dedicated app server that is optimised for workflow (number and class =
of
tasks, etc.). The latter alternative has the big advantage that peak =
loads
will be transparent to the end user.. as per the cost, when you think =
about
the alternative (maybe hundreds or thousands of users not working /
reworking due to a system restart, or simply working slower because the
system is a dog), then the overall cost will probably only be a =
fraction
with the technical solution.

Hth,
Stephan