WF and eDMS

Griffiths, Mark mark.griffiths at sap.com
Tue Jun 25 04:44:20 EDT 2002

>From a limited read of some white papers you could get from the SAP Service

Marketplace - http://service.sap.com - Records Management is a much bigger
application than DMS - the idea is to collect together folders of
information about something and that information could include scanned
images, electronic documents, business objects from different SAP systems,
workflow logs etc. etc.

As far as I can see Records management does not replace DMS (in fact I think
it probably uses it) but builds on it.

For your application with finance documents you don't really need DMS or
Records Managment but an ArchiveLink solution which directly links scanned
images to your finance documents and utilises standard workflows to help you
with this.  It is possible to do this using SAP's K-PRO and Content Server
with some sort of scanning software, however traditionally customers tend to
use third party document storage products such as IXOS, FileNet, Easy etc.
etc. - you can find a full list of certified archivelink complementary
solutions if you search around in the SAP service marketplace.

Hope this information clears up a few points,

Cheers,

Mark

SAP UK