Extending Workflow to large user group without SAPOffice inbox.. ..?

Angelus, Inigo inigo.angelus at rbc.com
Fri Jun 21 12:49:24 EDT 2002

Hi all,

We are in banking industry and our employee base is around 60,000 and its
growing constantly with mergers and acquisitions. We are big SAP shop for
awhile implemented FI/CO, MM and HR. (not a mySAP customer). We don't have
named user id  for all 60,000 employees there is no need for that.

We have implemented wokflow in a small scale in procurement. Now we are
looking to implement wokflow in HR and make it available to all employee
population over web.  We are planning to implement one step notification
workflows as well as multistep approval workflows. What we are trying to
=66igure out now is, How to extend the functionality of the workflow to use
external mail client without having a inbox in SAPoffice . Have anybody
tried to do something like this? I would be interested in knowing the
approach they have taken in achieving this. We have a LDAP server where we
have all the SMTP mail address. Are there a user exit using which we can
route the mail to go to external mail client instead of SAPOffice.

Any thoughts and help are much appreciated...

Thanks,
RBC.

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.=20

Ce courriel est confidentiel et prot=E9g=E9. L'exp=E9diteur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) d=E9sign=E9(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser imm=E9diatement, par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen.=20

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D