EBP - ITS Error Message with ad hoc approver

Nicholas Brand nicholas.n.brand at uk.pwcglobal.com
Tue Jun 18 10:05:30 EDT 2002

Memo from Nicholas N Brand of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

Hello,

This is around an EBP/ITS problem when an ad hoc approver is added to a=

custom workflow.

I copied the standard workflow WS10000276 ? Approval single-level over
limit.
Created my own ad hoc approver business object as a sub-type of AAGENT.=

(The 'Create' method of this object queries a ztable to find a position=

number and then returns the agents in that position.)
Create new workflow container (Agent_0002) based on my new ad hoc objec=
t.
Replaced the standard appoval task's Agent expression for
'Agent_0002.Agents'
N.B. In the workflow -> version dependent basic data section the flag '=
Ad
hoc agent assignment is possible' is ticked - as expected as the workfl=
ow
is a copy of a standard one.

When I create a shopping basket that results in the new custom approval=

workflow starting...
The approval preview java applet shows the correct approval path.
I order the shopping basket.
The workitem is routed to the correct agent based on the custom ad hoc
business object's 'Agent' attribute.
I execute the workitem and click on 'Details'.
I can add an ad hoc approver after the current workitem and it is displ=
ayed
correctly in the java applet.
However, when I select 'Approve' and click 'Continue' I get the followi=
ng
ITS error message:

Interpreter Failed

The Internet Transaction Server failed to generate the response page fo=
the current request.
Make sure the template and resource files are stored in the appropriate=

template directory.
The ITS was trying to access
D:\SAP\ITS\2.0\EPD\templates\TS_TS10008069H\99\SAPMTS10008069H_en.html
D:\SAP\ITS\2.0\EPD\templates\TS_TS10008069H\99\SAPMTS10008069H_en.htrc
Internal error code 0x1

If I then click on the back arrow of the web browser the newly added ad=
 hoc
approver is now displayed in the java applet.
If I select the 'Approve' radio button and click 'Continue' the status =
bar
message reads 'Error on page'.
If I log off EBP and back on again, go to the inbox, select the workite=
and click on 'Details', the ad hoc approver that I just added before
logging off is displayed!
If I select the 'Approve' radio button and click 'Continue' the workflo=
proceeds correctly.

Wierd?
Any ideas why the ITS is giving me an 'Interpreter failed' error messag=
e?

We're on EBP version 2.0c.
The standard workflows are all working fine including adding ad hoc
approvers.

Thanks.

Kind regards
Nicholas

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems.
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity t=
material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, o=
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you rece=
ived
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from a=
ny
computer.=