R: Emails alerts for workitems inInbox (RSWUWFML) - reminder alerts.

Deanna Teo deannate at au1.ibm.com
Sun Jul 28 08:56:37 EDT 2002

Hi Jocelyn,

Thanks for your quick response and I am almost done with what you
suggested, just need to further test it now.
Also, it was really great meeting you in person and to place a face to a
name. :-)

Will definitely look into getting the book! ;-)

Regards,
Deanna Teo
m: ++61 (0)421 054 593  e: deannate at au1.ibm.com

IBM Global Services Australia
BIS-AMS Package Outtasking
Postal Address: Locked Bag 14111 Melbourne VIC 8001
http://www.ibm.com

                      "Dart, Jocelyn"
                      <jocelyn.dart at sap.c        To:       SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      om>                        cc:
                      Sent by: SAP               Subject:  Re: R: Emails alerts for workitems inInbox (RSWUWFML) - reminder
                      Workflow                    alerts.
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      26/07/2002 05:36 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Hi Deanna,
No you can't really trap it as such, but:
a) the email notification is built from the work item text which
will still be the same.
b) you can run the email notification as at a particular date/time
which would produce the same email (provided the work item is still in
ready status)

But in your case (and I know which customer you are referring to...),
you are best off creating your own custom program
for the outstanding email reminder and "sharing" some of the RSWUWFML
routines,
e.g. by using a PERFORM subroutine IN PROGRAM program statement to minimise
the development.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
and co-author of the book
"Practical Workflow for SAP"
Order it from the following great online bookstores:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com
http://www.amazon.de
http://www.sap-press.de/english
SAP Australia