RLC layer and Process overview

Van der Burg, Jeroen JA SITI-ITPSEE Jeroen.J.vanderBurg at si.shell.com
Mon Jul 15 21:18:20 EDT 2002

James,

Not sure if this is your problem, but when I did an upgrade from 3.1h to
4.6c I encountered an issue with RFC authorisations, which effectively
blocked any trfc call.

On 3.1h this was by default deactivated, on 4.6c it is by default activated.
The problem with RFC authorisation failures is that you are not notified
(through SU53) that the authorisation failed, just that the RFC can not
connect. It did take me quite a bit of time to find the solution.

What solved my issue at the time was to simply deactivate RFC authorisation
checking altogether for 4.6c by setting the relevant system parameter. After
that everything was fine.

Regards,

Jeroen