How to start the dialog workflow process immediately without goin g to the workplace?

Van der Burg, Jeroen JA SITI-ITPSEE Jeroen.J.vanderBurg at si.shell.com
Mon Jul 15 05:04:33 EDT 2002

Thomas, Stephan,

Unfortunately, you are right. As far as I know it is not possible to =
start
dialogue steps immediately.=20

Remember, you can start workflows immediately (eg using the Wapi's; you =
do
not have to use an rfc in many situations) but unfortunately you can =
not
throw the first dialogue step straight in the end user's face after a
workflow was started. I do not really see a technical restriction for =
this
(after all you can do this for a priority one workitem notification, so =
why
not just start the workitem immediately and interrupt the users' change =
of
transaction with the workitem screen?)

This would be very useful in numerous situations which require direct =
but
flexible user interaction and would allow us to replace some of the =
ugly and
unmaintainable old SAP functionality for direct interaction =
requirements (in
HR: features and dynamic events; which dates back to a long, long time =
ago
and still has to be used very extensively to set up a proper HR system)
which nice, clean, flexible and reliable workflow functionality.=20

Any other views on this?

Regards,

Jeroen