Expression for Routing of Messages Not Working

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Jul 11 02:31:51 EDT 2002

Hi Michael,
A take it by "Workflow messages" you mean a work item? That is
you are trying to send a work item to an agent so that agent can execute it.

If you are trying to send a work item check:
* Possible agents are assigned to the task or it is a general task
* If you are determining the selected agent via an attribute you need
to ensure that the attribute is in format SWHACTOR (or WFSYST-AGENT or similar)
i.e. US followed by all 12 characters of the userid, if your field isn't long
enough truncation could be causing the error.
* Make sure the agent isn't an excluded agent.
* Check the userid you are using actually exists and is valid (i.e. isn't expired)in that client. An oldie but a goodie.
* Check that the agent has enough access to view any work items at all.
* Check you have refreshed your buffers using transaction SWU_OBUF.
* Check that the work item hasn't already been reserved/started by someone else.

And of course the ever popular - check SWU3 - it's amazing how often
everybody thinks someone else has set up the basics when starting up a new system/client.
Particularly check that WF-BATCH has been set up correctly with SAP_ALL authority
and an email address in the user master if you are planning to send out emails.

Regards,
Jocelyn Dart
SAP Australia (SRM, EBP, Workflow)
Ph: +61 412 390 267