46C: LIV blocked for payment release / method on object does not work when used in task

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Tue Jul 2 04:46:38 EDT 2002

I am still struggling with the Logistics Invoice Verification (LIV) - but
yesterday I thought I had it solved. I created a new method for our
extended BUS2081 object type, using batch input to carry out a manual
release of the blocked invoice in transaction MRBR. The method was tested
and everything was great.

This morning I put the method in a single-step task (in which I previously
had tried using the "ReleaseSingle" standard method), and now it won't
work! Strange things happen in SAP, but these aren't easy. Debugging can't
be done as the task runs in the background, and the method works when I
test just the method. I tried running the task in SWUD with workflow trace
turned on, and there may be a hint there.

The table of messages from the batch input call contains a line with the
message "Exception condition CNTL_ERROR raised". For some unknown reason
the workflow container does not contain any messages from the batch input
call after execution.

OSS Note 311440 indicates that the problem is use of GUI controls (the ALV
grid is used to display the blocked invoices) in combination with batch
input. In my batch input routine I enter conditions, call the display,
perform a "Select all" and then perform "Release" before the "Save" at the
end.

Assuming that this is the problem even if the method works fine when tested
the OSS Note suggests (in essence) two solutions:
1) use alternative methods for the data transfer (direct input, BAPIs)
2) if the action causing problems was not designed to be capable of batch
input, change the batch input

The remaining problem then is that I have not been able to find any other
way to release an invoice that is blocked due to an amount limit (invoice
without PO reference). The ReleaseSingle method and corresponding BAPI does
not work, and the Automatic Release option in the initial screen does not
work. Being a lazy person I am not planning to create substitute
functionality for SAP's invoice handling, so any ideas will be welcome.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

this message.
Thank you.