Result of a report as an attachment

Van der Burg, Jeroen JA SITI-ITPSEE Jeroen.J.vanderBurg at si.shell.com
Mon Jul 1 03:36:32 EDT 2002

Serge,

What I do for reports is generate a list (actually from a variable report
and variant, customisable in a custom table) and store the list in in a
SAPoffice folder. From here you can use the report result (I use it for a
validation process through SAPinbox followed by sending the report result as
an attachment to an email out of the system).

You do need to instantiate a SAPoffice folder object next to the report
object to be able to retrieve the report output from the office folder. The
positive side of using folders is that it is very secure (I restrict access
to the folders only to WF-BATCH), documents can be automatically removed
after a certain number of days, the report result is not changeable
(important for validation) and the user does not have to wait for the
running of the report as the result is taken from the folder, not created at
runtime.

For display of the report through SAP inbox and Workflow ESS miniApp I use
the SOFM.DISPLAY method, for sending the report result as an email
attachment I use a normal SELFITEM.SENDTASKDESCRIPTION; linking the report
result as an adhoc object to the attachments.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Jeroen