Schedule a job to run Ad hoc query and save to local automatically

Ronald Haut Ronald.Haut at dvg.de
Wed Jan 30 05:46:17 EST 2002

Hi Julian,

I have never used ABAP/4 query so I can't tell if you are able create a
wrapper program, that calls your ABAP/4 query. Because with use of SAP's
RFCSDK you can run rfcexec.exe on your workstation that acts as a
RFC-server for SAP and is able to write files on its harddrive. In SAP you
need to define a destination referring to that specific RFC-server running.
Within your program you send the list output directly via function call to
your harddrive. It even works within a scheduled job (given that your
workstation plus RFC-server is running).

If you need more details just drop me a message.

Regards,

Ronald

                    Ming Yang
                    <myang at dmax-ltd.com>        An:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    Gesendet von: SAP           Kopie:
                    Workflow                    Thema:  Schedule a job to run Ad hoc query and save to local
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM        automatically
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    29.01.02 19:55
                    Bitte antworten an
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Does anyone have experience scheduling a job to run an Ad hoc query and
automatically save the output report to local drive regularly? Our HR
department currently run an Ad hoc query daily at 8:00am and manually save
it to local drive. They want our Basis team create and schedule a job to
run
and save it automatically.

Any comments will be much appreciated!

Julian Yang