Error conditions on tasks in a Workflow fork

Durrant,David William DURRAND2 at apci.com
Mon Jan 28 08:32:15 EST 2002

Dear workflow experts

We are using HR (PA and OM) and are new to workflow so we thought we would
start with something simple
We are using workflow to send e-mail notifications when a new employee is
hired into the company. We have the trigger events and starting conditions
figured out (so far). We built a fork into the workflow so that the emails
are sent in parallel in the belief (mistaken) that if one of the tasks
failed, then the other tasks would still execute. It seems we were wrong.

As an example
We are using a function to get the details of the person who is the chief of
the org unit, and then use the iinternet address stored on the
communications infotype on that person. This is one task out of seven in the
fork.

If the communications infotype does not exist then the whole workflow just
hangs.

Is there any way of setting an error trapping mechanism, to skip the task if
there is an error, and allow the other tasks to continue?

regards

Dave Durrant
Workflow Architect
Air Products PLC