Workflow Travel

Aris Widodo ArisW at Excelcom.co.id
Wed Jan 23 03:10:29 EST 2002

Hi Parag,
I have check BUS2089 (Object type for travel) no one methode have attached
to Asynch, Can you give me more explanation for this.

Thanks
Aris Widodo

-----Original Message-----
From: Parag Joshi [mailto:paragjoshi at ureach.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 10:03 PM
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Workflow Travel

Aris,

I would also suggest to consider including asynchronous step
(attached to asynch method).

Every Asynch step has to have a terminating event. So in your
case until either "approved" or "rejected" events take place,
the work item will remain in the inbox. User can view work item
many times before taking any action, but it will remain in the
inbox until appropriate action is taken. This functionality is
similar to 'loop until' used internally by Workflow runtime
manager, much efficient, foolproof and reliable.

In my experience I have found users get confused with
confirmation window. And caused many problems.

Regards.

Parag Joshi.
Senior Consultant.
3S Inc USA.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , Johns, Ron E (RJohns at powercor.com.au) wrote:

> Aris, Rob
>
> Good answer and very correct.
> My view is. Trust no-one.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ron

problem. However,
> if
> you
> want a simple workaround you could just tick
the 'Confirmation required'
> box
> for
> the task in the workflow definition. This will provide a pop-
up window
> asking
> the user if they have finished with the approval step - if
they don't
> confirm
> it, the task will stay in their inbox. Of course, this relies
on the
> user
> choosing the appropriate action! If you can't depend on your
users, then
> Ron's
> 'Loop Until' is the best way forward.
>
> Rob Bates,
> ITNET UK Ltd.
>
> To:       SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
> cc:        (bcc: Rob Bates/ITnet)
>> From:     Aris Widodo <ArisW at Excelcom.co.id>
> Date:     01/22/2002 03:20:07 AM
> Subject:  Workflow Travel
>

> Hi Experts,
> I have been ready to implemented workflow travel. I used
BUS2089 and
> event
> CHANGE so far workflow good run. But i have problem when
users execut
> workitem from their inbox. Workitem will disapear after doing
execute
> without or with approval, this cause it use event CHANGE. Can
I used
> other
> event and how ? Now i will repair this workflow in order to
problem
> solve.
> Please i need advise or idea for this. My workflow must
approvel first

************
> *******
> http://www.itnetplc.com
>
> Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the
individual and not
> necessarily those of ITNET plc and/or its subsidiaries. This
email and
> any
> files transmitted with it, including replies and forwarded
copies (which
> may
> contain alterations) subsequently transmitted from ITNET plc
and/or its
> subsidiaries, are confidential and solely for the use of the
intended
> recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
> responsible
> for delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that
you have
> received
> this email in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.
>
> If you have received this email in error please notify ITNET
Customer
> Service Centre by telephone on +44 (0)121 683 4043 or via
email to
> csc.com at itnetplc.com, including a copy of this message.
Please then

******
> Powercor Australia Ltd. This email and any file attachments
are
> confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or