Unable to determine agent from role

Van der Burg, Jeroen JA SITI-ITPSEE Jeroen.J.vanderBurg at si.shell.com
Thu Jan 10 03:11:32 EST 2002

Jose,

It actually does not seem to be an authorisation issue but a role =
resolution
one, but make sure the selected user id has authorisation to all =
relevant HR
transactions and infotypes contained in the info group linked to your
transfer action.

I would try the following in this order:
- Make sure your entries in T526 have a proper user id assigned.=20
- Test the RP_GET_PERS_CLERK function module with the possible agent =
codes
(the three letter codes from T526) to make sure they return a valid =
user id
(the one stored in T526).=20
- If your role resolution is correct the issue is with the binding to =
your
role. Check your binding, eg by temporarily linking the role binding to
temporarily container elements so you are able to view which data is =
passed
at run time to your role.=20
- If the above does not solve the problem you probably have assigned a
non-existing HR officer code to the employee in IT0001. This is =
possible if
the agent code was created in T526, assigned to employees and later =
removed
from T526.

I would consider using another role type as the T526/IT0001 combination =
is
rather maintenance intensive, limited (only one user id can be linked =
each HR role resolution) and a bit dangerous as HR officers do not have =
an
active/inactive indicator. Whenever an HR person is replaced by another
person and you are using meaningful codes you have to convert all old =
IT0001
assignments to the new code - not fun. A HR admin role based on
responsibilities does not have those disadvantages.

Good luck!

Vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards,=20

Jeroen van der Burg=20
SAP Workflow management, Galaxy project=20
Shell People Services, SI - PSGB=20
World Trade Center, Beursplein 37, Rotterdam=20
Tel +31 (0)10 205 2689 Mob +31 (0)6 24889344=A0 Fax: +31 (0)10 205 5363 =

E-mail: Jeroen.J.vanderburg at si.shell.com=20
http://sww-galaxy.shell.com/main/=20