Transport proposal

Kamaraj Shankar kamaraj at ureach.com
Thu Jan 3 13:13:09 EST 2002

Jeroen,

   Wish you a Happy and Prosperous new year.

   Thank you for responding to my message. My question was not
about setting up the transport workflow. I need to create a
custom workflow which can be triggered by the event generated
by the transport workflow. I could not see any event in the
event log when a transport proposal is created.

   FYI, your link does not work. I would appreciate if you
could give the correct link.

   Best regards.

Kamaraj

---- On    , Van der Burg, Jeroen JA SITI-ITPSEE
(Jeroen.J.vanderBurg at si.shell.com) wrote:

> First, best wishes for 2002 to the group! May it bring
happiness, love
> and
> prosperity (and of course the really important stuff:
succesful wf
> implementations!)
>
> Hi Kamaraj,
>
> I did set up a system for this. Have a look at the docu, it
is pretty
> much
> self explanatory. The difficulty is that you have to set up a
master
> system
> in your system landscape to be able to handle the cross-system
> transports.
> This is the system where the workflow is actually running on,
although
> you
> can create transport proposals on all the other systems in
your
> landscape.
>
> If you have done it correctly you will see the wf logs only
on your
> master
> system, not in the others. Usually you would want to use the
most stable
> system in your environment as your master.
>

> You can find all documentation here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas610/helpdata/en/e1/8e51341a0608
4de10000009b
> 38f83b/frameset.htm and search for 'transport workflow'.
>

> or, if you are really lazy:
> Procedure
>
> To configure the transport workflow:
>
> Log on to the SAP System that functions as the transport
domain
> controller.
> Call Transaction STMS and then choose  to display the system
overview.
> Choose  to display the transport domain.
> Choose the tab Workflow Engine.
> Switch to change mode by choosing  and select the option
Local domain
> under
> Location.
> Under RFC address, enter the SAP System, the client, and the
target host
> for
> your Workflow Engine. Save your entries and distribute the
configuration
> change. Log on to the system that is to be configured as the
Workflow
> Engine. The system performs the following actions:
> Creates the user TMSADM_WF
> Generates the RFC destinations required for the Workflow
Engine