Wizard improperly Inserts Steps into Workflow Builder

Sheldon Oxenberg soxenber at scsnet.csc.com
Wed Feb 27 17:01:45 EST 2002

Hello All,

I am responsible for developing SAP Workflows for the Army Wholesale Logistics Modernization Program (WLMP).  Many are Ad-Hoc Customized (i.e. not SAP delivered) Workflow Templates which satisfy a particular Logistics Business Process.  I am using 46C, and Standard Customizing is green.

I have been unsuccessful at using Wizards > Workflow Wizard Explorer in the Workflow Builder to "insert steps" in an existing Standard Template from the wizard - Ad hoc:  Dynamic parallel circular.  After completing the Wizard Question Screens, I receive "line errors" and the result in my Workflow Template is a wild assortment of numerous tasks, some connected to each other, but all disconnected from my existing tasks.  It certainly does not successfully insert three steps into my Workflow Template at the selection point as documented.

The only solution that I have found is to use the Workflow Wizard Explorer independently and execute Ad hoc: Dynamic parallel circular to create a new Workflow Template, and then in the Workflow Builder use Edit > Insert Workflow to insert the steps of this new Workflow Template.

Any advice, guidance, references, or previous experience related to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Sheldon Oxenberg
WLMP Workflow Development