WF-BATCH Shortdumps

Smith, Cassaundra Cassaundra.Smith at anheuser-busch.com
Wed Feb 27 11:39:31 EST 2002

Hello workflow gurus,

We are on SAP version 4.6C.  We seem to be having frequent shortdumps occurring
under the wf-batch userid.  We have applied several OSS Notes for this.  Those
notes are:

391677 - Deadlock problems in business workflow: background
206571 - Deadlock between SWWWIHEAD and SWWWIDH
350802 - SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC in SWW_WI_LOG_FLUSH
391677 - Deadlock problems in business workflow: background

Since applying these notes, we do see less shortdumps on this issue.  But we get
one at least twice a week and our BASIS team watches shortdumps very closely.
They say, and I agree, that a shortdump indicates some sort of programming/table
updating problem that should be addressed.  Have any of you guys experienced
this?  If so, how did you finally address it.  Also, where can I find out more
info on how SAP Business workflow works behind the scenes.  I think it is
important to know this so that I can present this to BASIS.   What are the
tables behind the scenes and how are they related.  When do these tables get
updated and in what order.  Is this info documented anywhere in SAP on line
documentation.  I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Casey