AW: Your experience with performance

Becker Stephan (extern) Stephan.Becker.ext at mchw.siemens.de
Tue Feb 26 10:17:20 EST 2002

Karsten,

if workflow is the best design solution for your problem, use it and =
live
with the technical consequences; changing the design to one that is =
less
elegant because of some new boxes or a fews gigs of memory is something =
would not recommend -- you would just be shifting your problems and =
thus
where you spend the money.

The first problem you will have is the load on the app server. With =
those
volumes, I would seriously recommend a dedicated application server for
workflow (steer via the RFC destination), otherwise you will probably =
buy
yourself complex problems in the existing system landscape.

Also, you need to plan stringent archiving of the workflow tables; =
workflow
contributed to system growth in the order of several Gigbytes per month =
(!)
in one of my larger implementations (several thousand workflows a day,
nothing like the volumes you are talking about). Probably daily or at =
least
weekly archiving will make sense.

Hth
Stephan