EBP workflow approval at line item - approaches people have taken

David Weston weston at clockwork.ca
Tue Feb 19 16:54:50 EST 2002

Hi folks,

Wanted to pass the following situation to those knowledgable on workflow =
in
EBP.

We have implemented the EBP approval process for a client where approval =
is
based on fund centre,
which is not standard in SAP and cannot be based on the org structure as
fund centre is not an attribute
that can be assigned to a user. When a shopping basket is saved at the
moment all the line items
in the basket have the same fund centre.....we read a custom table then t=
determine how many
release levels the shopping basket should go through based on the fund
centre and dollar amount.

Now we want to extend this so that each item in the basket could have a
different fund centre and
hence a different approval strategy i.e. item 1 for fund centre 101106
requires no approval while item 2
for fund centre 101107 requires a 2 level approval strategy.

We are faced with the following questions:

1.      Where a shopping basket has multiple levels of approval required=85..d=
o you
make the decision that the whole shopping basket for all the items has a =
2
level approval process, or do you require that each item in the shopping
basket gets approved via the appropriate required fund centre approval
release strategy i.e. fund centre 101107 only has to be approved once whi=
le
item 1 for fund centre 101106 has to be approved twice ?.
2.      Can a limit be set or assumed for the maximum number of fund centres i=
n a
shopping basket ?
3.    If an item in the shopping basket is rejected do the other items ha=
ve
to re-approved or just the item that has been rejected ?
4.      Impact of the above issues on the java applet in the workflow tab to
display the workflow approval log to the user.
5.   Implement a BADI to split the order into seperate orders based on th=
fund centre ?

Has anyone done this type of approval in EBP at the line item level and i=
so what approaches did you take....especially with
regard to the workflow template and the effect on the java applet that sh=
ows
the approval log to the user ? Have people used loops
in any of their EBP workflow templates and what did this do the java appl=
et
display ?

Hope this all makes sense.

Regards