Exception Handelling in Work Flow

Becker Stephan (extern) Stephan.Becker.ext at mchw.siemens.de
Tue Feb 19 04:23:15 EST 2002

Manjula,

have a look at the good old workflow documentation, this is well documented
there..

You create exceptions in the code with the macro command exit_return and
then the number of the exception defined in the object builder, plus the
parameters.

ANYONE, why can't exceptions be raised in forms within the object code? This
always strikes me as a bit of an unnecessary limitation..

To define an exception, mark the method in the object builder and hit the
button exceptions, then select create..

Once the exceptions are defined in the object, the workflow builder will
pick them up in tab "outcomes" of the activity maintenance, and you can
model them as any other event in the builder. To see the events in the
builder properly, switch on the EPC graphics (in the settings of the
builder).. makes the whole thing easier to comprehend, I find..

Cheerio,
Stephan