Terminating a workflow

Sherman Wright swright at lsil.com
Fri Feb 15 19:10:22 EST 2002

GlacierHi all -

We are having a problem getting a couple of our workflows to terminate once
an object is deleted.  In other words, if a purchase requisition or absence
request is submitted, a work item automatically goes to the employee's
supervisor for first approval.  If the employee then deletes the item (PR or
AR), how can we make the work item "disappear"?  We used to have that
functionality in 4.0 for the PR, but now that we're in 4.6B neither one of
them is working.  We really would like for the supervisor not to be able to
approve or reject something that -- technically -- doesn't exist anymore.
Our objects do have a DELETED event, and that event is listed as a
terminating event in the workflow task.  It seems that we don't have the
linkage set correctly, even though it is in SWE2.  The event trace (SWEL)
just says "No receiver entered" where it's supposed to list the Receiver
type and the Receiver FM, even though FM SWW_WI_COMP_EVENT_RECEIVE is listed
in SWE2.  (Hope this isn't TOO much information...)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, since the PR workflow is already
live, and the absence one goes into PRD this weekend.

Regards,

Sherman Wright