Design Question - New WF User

Mark Hepper Mark_Hepper at lincolnelectric.com
Sat Feb 2 15:01:49 EST 2002

All, I have the distinct privilege here at our corporation to be the person
responsible for building our first SAP work flow.
I've attended the two day work flow class using SAP 4.6.  I've also
completed a couple of demo workflows in our 31I dev environment.  I did
most of the config to get it working ok.  My SAP area is MM Config.
I've printed off and read the recommended work flow oss notes.  I've also
pulled down some of the ASUG
presentations that dealt with "Tips and Tricks", the "Day in the Life" from
Keohan & Kosog's article... etc.

So, I think I've done some good home work.  But I also know there is a
"millennium" worth of good reading yet to do.

I would like to start our corporation out with a well designed work flow.
And I've seen some great advise come from this user group.  So I thought
this would be a good place to start with building our work flow.

We are using both SAP 4.6 and 31I.  We have SAP HR running on 46, and the
rest of our modules run on 31I.
Our Org structure is being ALE'd to 31i so I can use for Work Flow.

The first work flow project is dealing with Sales Orders and Material
Master information running on 31i.

I need to trigger the work flow when a sales order item is created  and
continue with the workflow if it contains a particular material and
material sales status. Material is at the item level of our sales orders.
And I belive all items added to a sales orders may be considered a change,
and not create.   We have EDI running on 31i that is used to create Sales
Orders also.

I thought I could use the BUS2032 business object??  Or should I use
VBAP(item level), VBAK(Header)
or trigger off of a transaction?

Are there any work flow templates for me to model?  IN SAP 31i?

I would really appreciate any help and ideas that this group can give.

Thanks

Mark