MAPI with Outlook 2000 & Windows 98

Pyc, Mark Mark.Pyc at amersham.com
Mon Dec 16 09:25:12 EST 2002

G'day all,

Does anyone have experience of setting up SAP Mapi with Outlook 2000 running
on Windows 98?

In outlook the SAP Mapi does not appear in the list of available services.
There is an OSS note ( 364522 ) which indicates that Outlook 2000 is
different from earlier versions and that a manual copy of certain
information is needed from file

C:\WINNT\system32\MAPISVC.inf

to file

C:\Program Files\Common Files\system\Mapi\1033\Nt\Mapisvc.inf.

I can find the destination file (same path except replace Nt with 95) but I
can not locate another MAPISVC file anywhere on the machine. The destination
file does not currently contain any reference to the SAP Mapi.

Whenever I have set up the Mapi before it has been a very straightforward
affair. Is there any install necessary other than loading the GUI? In the
GUI directory there is a Mapi folder but no informative readme's. I've tried
it with both the 610 and 620 GUIs.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Mark