Web Application Server WF RFC Question

Kenneth Hill SAP_DEV_WB at Yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 18:59:04 EST 2002

We have a Web Application Server situation that has us stumped, including
our Basis team.  We have attempted to set up a trusted relationship between
two clients to push/pull data using RFC's for a Web based workflow (BSP)
and are running into a puzzle.

Do know what is required to be able to log onto a WAS (with that client's
SAP user ID and password) and retrieve data from a separate R/3
instance/client without needing to enter that second client's user ID and
password?  The goal is to have BSP (Web) events pull data via a BAPI or
RFC, display the retrieved data on that Web page and then allow the user to
save any required changes back to the second client via a second BAPI or
RFC call.

We are testing this scenario by test running SAP function
RH_INBOX_VIEW_CREATE and specifying the second client as the RFC target
system.  When the function is run without the RFC target system
specification, the function promptly returns the list of items in the WAS's
WF inbox.  When run with the RFC target system specified, we get an SAP
logon screen.  Only after the second logon completes do we get the data
returned from the second (called) client.

We would like the user to simply log onto the WAS once and then be provided
all required data and services without secondary logons.  Any assistance
will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

Kenneth Hill
The World Bank