Defining and transporting an organizational plan

Dale Davis dkdavis at us.ibm.com
Mon Dec 9 10:18:45 EST 2002

There are several approaches that can be taken to maintain org assignments
in a production environment.

For SAP systems where HR is not implemented, and production user masters
only exist in the production system, our preferred approach is to maintain
the org structure in the development environment and transport to test and
production, then assign the users to  directly in production.
In this scenario it is necessary to block the production org from
development agent assignment overrides by setting up the is holder of
relationship in the override table T77TR accessed through transaction OOTR.
This guarantees that user assignments from the development system do not
wipe out the production systems  when org structure changes are transported
to production.

For SAP implementations where HR is implemented or  production user master
tables are kept in synch with test user master tables, user assignments are
sometimes maintained in the test system and transported from that system to
the production system. This is a less desirable approach in an environment
where SAP security and basis  teams do not allow transports to production
systems which originate in test and lock the system against transport
request generation. For this scenario,an alternative approach is to ALE the
user assignments from the test system to production.

In general if we are implementing workflow in an environment where our org
structures are owned by HR, we follow the HR process's rule on where the
user ids should be assigned and maintained and utilize transports with
override blocks or ALE as appropriate.

Regards,
Dale Davis Jones
IBM Business Consulting Services
Phone: 845-691-7861
           T/L 8-320-8440
  Internet Address: DKDAVIS at US.IBM.COM

.......You can never discover new oceans unless you have the courage to
lose sight of the shore..........

"Kouw, FA - SPLTC" <fa.kouw at td.klm.com>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on 12/09/2002
09:00:39 AM

Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Sent by:    SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>