PO workflow in 4.6C

Stephens, Monique S L moniques at bcm.tmc.edu
Sun Dec 8 13:20:32 EST 2002

We are currently in the process of upgrading to 4.6C from 4.0B.  We let our
users create PO's which will route through workflow to the appropriate
departmental approvers and work centers (Grants, Purchasing, etc.).  In our
tests, workflow appears to be working but the documents are not routing to
the first approver (department).  They are actually routing to a work center
we created when a document does not know where to route to (i.e. no approver
is defined, the approver is locked out, etc.).  The approver is not locked
out of the system.  Our security person noticed a new tab under SU01 for the
user labeled "Workflow".  Are we supposed to put something there for each
user in order for the documents to route through workflow.  Or, are we
forgetting a step in the upgrade to make sure documents are routed properly.

Also, I noticed that when I manually released the PO via ME28 until the PO
was blocked in Purchasing, the workflow overview did not show it blocked in
the Purchasing work center.  Instead it listed all the users in the work
center.  When I clicked on the Users Only button, it gave the work center
number but not the name associated with it.

Are there some quick tips to follow when upgrading to 4.6C in regards to
workflow?

Monique Stephens
SAP Analyst
Baylor College of Medicine